Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Chocolate Cake!

I have been stressing the past couple of weeks because my birthday was coming up and I had set a weight goal to hit before my birthday.  I have officially discovered that if I focus on a specific number on the scale instead of on consistently losing, my body realizes my stress and stops losing. 

I had decided I was going to have All American Chocolate Cake from Costco for my birthday.  I was so stressed out about it that I wasn't losing any weight for almost two weeks before my birthday. 

I was also struggling with my workout schedule because it was different than I what I had previously established as my routine. 

So, around my birthday I took advantage of my free dinner coupons at Red Robin and Tucanos.  I'm sure I had more calories than I should have at each place.  And on  my birthday I had my piece of chocolate cake and a little vanilla ice cream.  It was AWESOME! And afterward I felt a little sick.  I felt like it was such a treat.  I hadn't had real sugar or real treats since January.  It was a good treat for "once in a while." 

"Once in a while" had a whole new meaning for me.  I think it is a more healthy attitude toward treats and I'm proud of myself.  Because the day after my birthday I got right back on track.  I am feeling better about my workouts because I'm just finding ways to push my body each day.  I'm consciously eating healthy foods and I feel no guilt over having a treat.  And the best part is that in the four days since my birthday I have lost three pounds!

I hope all of you are making choices that are making you feel healthier mentally, spiritually and physically! 

3 comments:

  1. Teresa,
    I once interviewed Larry Scott, the very first Mr. Universe. One thing he told me was that as you start to exercise your body produces human growth hormone, or HGH. This spurs the body into losing weight, improving muscle tone and growing muscle mass. After 8 weeks of doing the same exercise, your body brings the levels of HGH back to what it was doing before. So he told me you should change your workout every 8 weeks, which will make your body keep producing higher levels of HGH. Anyway, you're doing great. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock. Good job! You were looking great when I saw you but, most importantly you are happy. Keep a goin!

    ReplyDelete